Monday, January 25, 2010

Razor Edge For Real

Year round work guy talked a lot with no getting down to business, so rather than wait for him to get his act together, I took whatever job I could find. Second shift putting together gnarly boots by hand at a boot factory in NE Portland. Been making these crazed out ones that are used for fighting wildfires... Heavy duty. I work with people from 32 different countries. People from deep Russia to Kenya. I'm the only fluent english speaking person on the floor and most of the folks I work with speak all different languages too, so we communicate by this made up sign language to get the work done. At first, I was just hyped to have a job, making some money with some benefits. But it's straight up inspiring and has become a discovery of what else there is out there beyond the usual search. The zone evolves more and more man... Feeling it.

2 comments:

d.j. dienelt said...

that is mad fresh! isn't amazing that how universal hand/visual gesture are! Glad you found work too! I hear is it gnarly to find work!

DJ said...

I live in a pair of your boots, put them on a 0300 in the morn and take them off at 2100, thank you for the fine shoes that I wear.

DJ